FAMILY LAW ASSOCIATE
Who we are?
Protomanni & Associates Professional Corporation is a rapidly growing boutique law firm located in the heart of downtown St. Catharines just steps from the Robert S.K. Welch Courthouse. At Protomanni & Associates, we take pride in providing a personalized and compassionate approach to the practice of law while fighting hard for our client’s rights. Presently, our main practice areas are Criminal, Family, Employment and Civil Litigation.
Who do we need?
We are seeking a driven and enthusiastic Family Law Associate with a minimum of 2+ years of family law experience to help us expand our family law practice. Currently, we have two family lawyers on staff.
The successful candidate will have the following hard skills and qualifications:
• Experience assisting clients and having full carriage over files dealing with child custody and access, property claims, child and spousal support, marriage and cohabitation agreements, separation agreements, and divorce.
• Strong familiarity with relevant statutes and guidelines, including the Family Law Act; Children’s Law Reform Act; Child, Youth and Family Services Act; Family Responsibility and Support Arrears Enforcement Act; Divorce Act (including the Child Support Guidelines); Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines; Marriage Act; and Civil Marriage Act.
• Effective litigation skills.
• Excellent drafting skills and a thorough knowledge of DivorceMate.
• Familiarity with case management and billing software (e.g. Clio).
• Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
The successful candidate will have the following soft skills:
• Enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
• Ability to work independently within a close-knit, team environment.
• Willingness to take direction while also not being afraid to voice your opinion.
• Congenial and personable.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
• Eagerness to hit billable hour targets.
• Humour is a plus!
Why work at Protomanni & Associates?
This position is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who is interested in building a strong family law practice as part of our team. In this pursuit, the successful candidate will reap the benefits of our established office, developed marketing campaign and healthy stream of clients. This will allow you to build in a relatively risk-free environment.
We offer a work-environment like no other. We are a firm believer in providing an environment where our employees enjoy coming to work. We strive to maintain professionalism while also encouraging our employees to feel completely free to be themselves at the office and not afraid to have fun when the time calls for it.
We are acutely aware that the practice of law can be demanding at times. At Protomanni & Associates, we value personal relationships, and we do not expect you to have no life outside of work. Work-life balance is paramount to the long-term success of any employee, and we never take this for granted.
As an associate at Protomanni & Associates, you will receive the benefit of:
• Competitive salary with opportunity for growth.
• Coverage of Law Society fees.
• Coverage of LAWPRO fees.
• Coverage of Continuing Professional Development fees.
• Personal office with 24/7 access.
• Assistant managing phone calls, emails, and other administrative tasks.
• Office manager providing billing and marketing support.
How to apply?
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a 5 page writing sample to our Office Manager, Dana Bayley. If you are applying on Indeed, please attach both your resume and cover letter in a single word or PDF document. Preference will be given to candidates who have at least one year post-call experience in family law and those who have attended a Canadian Law School.
Applications will be accepted until the successful candidate has been selected. Selected applicants will be contacted with further details regarding interviews. Contact here.
Protomanni & Associates is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation for interview or employment purposes.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job will remain posted until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Interviews will be held in person, maintaining social distancing. Hand sanitizer and disposable masks are available in our reception area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
• Commission pay
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• Vision care
• 8 hour shift
• FAMILY LAW: 2 years (required)